Wednesday, December 9, 2009


Went to Border’s last night and came across the Twilight Saga section. Of course they have their own section. And while restraining myself from purchasing a pair of New Moon jammies, I came across this:


Stuck in between the book series on one shelf was: Pride & Prejudice, Romeo & Juliet, and Wuthering Heights, 3 epic novels that were referenced in the Twilight series. On the cover of Wuthering Heights it says, “Bella and Edward’s favorite book!” LMAO. So now I’m sure teens from all across the world will be scrambling to read this book when teens that were required to read it in their high school English Lit. class most likely wanted to burn it.
I, myself am more of a Great Gastby/Catcher in the Rye fan. But I just found it amusing that these practically legendary books were placed on a shelf next to Twilight as what I personally think is a marketing ploy. I mean dude. Check out the covers. If I wasn’t careful or not so Twi-hard and in a rush I may accidentally grab one thinking it was New Moon or something! Don’t get mad, I’m just playing Devil’s Advocate over here but I wonder if somewhere down the line schools will be required to read TWILIGHT lmao.

I think I just heard Shakespeare roll in his grave just now

Source

0 Comments:

Post a Comment